This term’s Fletcher House Challenge is focusing on Physical Wellness.
Physical Wellness is having vibrant physical health and the prevention of disease in your body. Aspects of physical health include how you move your muscles through exercise and their capacity to stretch. Your daily and weekly rest patterns are also crucial to healing and being physically energised.
Some extra activities to increase Physical Wellness are:
- Try the spell your name workout.
- Try a Les Mills trial for FREE and access some of their older workout series online.
- Have a go at a hip-hop tabata class from Popsugar.
- Do a PT session with Sydney Cummings.
- How about a 10 minute abdominal workout from HASfit, or choose from one of their other.
- Check out more FREE fitness videos available on this list of 50.
- Hold a dance off challenge for members of your family or get online and do it with your mates.
- Practise your ball skills in the backyard.
- Do some skipping to get your heart rate up.
- Shoot some hoops.
- If you’re lucky enough to have a pool, do some laps and get competitive with yourself, see how many you can do in a set time.
- Get out the backyard cricket set and get your whole family playing.
- Set up exercise stations in your backyard, on the driveway, or in a room in your house, then do circuits, time yourself and see how many exercises you can do at each station. How many pushups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, jump-rope turns, burpees, and step-ups can you do in 45 seconds? How about a minute? Keep track of how well you do and see how you improve over time.
- Mow the lawn for your parents.
- Go for a 20 minute walk
- Go for a 20 minute run