HSC examinations beginning
As our Year 12 students finally are ready to start their HSC examination, we wish them all the best!
As they are getting ready to finish this year, I would like you to make sure to remember a few things.
Remember to always be proud. Be proud you reached those goals you set. Be proud of your achievements. Be proud of how you‘ve evolved… and especially be proud of the great person you are today.
No doubt you will again face great challenges in your life ahead; this is a given, but never give up. People might say you can’t do something; never give up. No matter how hard difficult, challenging, and painful some things may become, never give up.
Show people your grit. Show them your fight. Show them your strength. Show them your character… Most importantly, show all these things to yourself.
Work hard as you finish this year. Work hard every year.
Make it, whatever you want ‘it’ to be, happen.
Study Skills Tip – Starting your day for success
No one knows what tomorrow will bring. We can’t control every event or circumstance we experience and respond to each day. However, the happiest most successful people on the planet Design their Day!
Why The Morning Is So Important
Your mornings are the most important part of the day.
Say YES to your day. Create positive routines and habits in your mornings.
The way you start your day has a massive impact on how you experience the rest of the day.
When you wake up tired and exhausted, when your mornings are rushed and chaotic, when you say NO to your day, your day goes from “bad to worse”!
Start your day with the direction and experience you desire. Focus on that direction and don’t engage in things that take you away from that.
5 Tips To Get You Out Of Bed And Awake In The Mornings
- Set your intention when your head hits the pillow to get the quality of sleep you need.
- Move the alarm to the other side of the room so you need to get out of bed to stop it.
- Brush your teeth.
- Drink water and hydrate.
- Dress or shower.
5 Tips To Start Your Day On A Positive Note
- Silence: Start every morning with a period of purposeful silence. If this is new to you start with 3 to 5 minutes of sitting in silence. Close your eyes, relax your body, and focus on your breath. It’s one of the best ways to reduce stress.
- Affirmations: create new positive stories or affirmations about what you want and more importantly who you are!
- Visualise: what you want to experience in your day, what you need to do, and the person you need to be.
- Exercise: helps you lift your mood, boosts not just your physical but also your mental state.
- Read: something inspiring, that develops you personally.
Add to this list! Music is also a great way to start your day well. What else can you add?
Score Your Mornings
1 = Your mornings are not great – 10 = Your mornings are really positive. Give yourself a number.
Now ask yourself, “What’s one small simple thing that could move me up one number?
Ms Tania Lloyd
Deputy Principal / Head of Secondary