Whether you’re learning from home or back in the classroom, welcome back to Term 2! The past few weeks have seen some challenging times for all involved but we are incredibly confident that we will get through the next little while together. We realise that this has been a difficult concept for children to understand. There is an interesting article on The Conversation’s website which also has some great links to encourage mindfulness within your child, and strategies to assist with juggling work and home life at the moment. This can be found here.
By now, you would have seen the changes to online learning this term. Below is an overview of online learning:
K-2 online learning
- Morning Videos will still occur from classroom teachers
- Daily Lesson Plans will still be emailed to parents each morning but in a simplified way, with ‘Compulsory’ and ‘Additional’ activities to be completed at a time that is convenient.
- Weekly Projects will be included for those students wanting to complete extension tasks.
- Parents will no longer be required to ‘like’ a Seesaw post to mark their child present for the day.
- Term 2 Student Learner Packs will again be sent home. Another Kiss and Ride Drive Thru will be arranged with more information to be sent home this week.
- Specialist teachers will upload lessons at the beginning of each week for students to complete at a time that is convenient.
- Virtual Class ‘Catch-Ups’ will occur each week as a way of the keeping students connected.
Years 3-6 online learning:
- Please see email sent Friday 24 April with detailed information pertaining to each year group.
- Year 3 will continue to use Caleb and Seesaw to access and upload work, along with Teams to communicate daily with their teachers. Specialist teachers will upload a video lesson each week for students to access at a time that is convenient.
- Year 4 will continue to use CALEB, Teams and Seesaw to access and upload work. Students will use Teams to communicate daily with their teachers.
- Years 5 and 6 will use CALEB and Teams to access resources and upload work. Teachers will continue to communicate daily with students through the use of Teams.
- 4 – 6 Specialist lessons will continue to be as timetabled for live streamed lessons, with the exception of Art, which will be broken into weekly sessions rather than a single fortnightly lesson. Your classroom teacher will communicate these times to you through their weekly overview.
- Resource packs – Thank you for patience at the drive through pick up on Monday afternoon. Your assistance in helping us make these resources available to your children is very much appreciated. If you were unable to collect your resources pack, please email your child’s classroom teacher to discuss a suitable time to collect.
Whilst we are able to relax some areas at the College, we would ask that parents and carers please continue to stay off campus where possible to keep our staff and students safe. If you are dropping your child at the start of the day, or collecting your child at the conclusion of the day, please continue to wait at the Karn Street gate until further notice.
Again, thank you for the ongoing support and assistance. As always, please contact your classroom teacher if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
Mrs A Hollingsworth
Head of K-2
Mrs L McNab
Head of 3-6