Recently at Preschool, the children were involved in games week with a variety of fun activities each day designed to promote skill development in a fun way. Some of the activities the children were involved in included:
- Creating their own marble run using a variety of loose parts and working together to design the run.
- Practising their eye-hand coordination with the balloon/bat activity where the children were encouraged to swing their foam bat to hit the balloon swaying in the breeze.
- Elastics which helped the children learn about jumping and co-ordination as they needed to think of how to jump to cross the elastic.
- Basketball – using eye-hand coordination to toss the ball into the basketball hoop.
- Balance and coordination using our large muscles to complete a ninja park set up as a challenge.
- Building a wall of foam bricks and using a ball to knock it down.
- Hoops hanging as targets where the children aimed to throw the beanbag through the hoop using eye-hand coordination.
By participating in these fun outdoor gross motor activities
- It gives children the opportunity to learn new things.
- It can help in their physical development.
- It can boost their creativity.
- It can help them acquire social skills.
- It can help them develop a positive attitude.