This week, the University of Newcastle has been delivering a series of webinars on “Jobs of the Future”. Featuring the areas of Computers & IT, Engineering, and Science, these webinars explored the wide range of jobs available both now and into the future in these industries, as well as the types of projects you could be working on, the skills you will need to succeed, and the educational pathway to take to make it happen.
Using Australian government statistical data, the webinars showed how careers in these areas are high earning, with low unemployment and strong predicted future growth. Despite the wide range of options for jobs within these STEM fields, one thing they all have in common is the value of the following skills:
- Analytical thinking and innovation
- Active learning and learning strategies
- Creativity, originality, and initiative
- Technology design and programming
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Complex problem-solving
- Leadership and social influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Reasoning, problem-solving, and ideation
- Systems analysis and evaluation.
Developing yourself in any of these areas will help to prepare you for the perfect job in your future, no matter what this might be.
For more information about degrees at the University of Newcastle, visit https://www.newcastle.edu.au/.
For more Careers Information visit the CALEB Careers Page.
Librarian and Careers Advisor • Library